Friday, May 20, 2016

Letter to Stewart

I was really hoping to put a letter in the mail, but it just didn't happen - so I'll take a few minutes while I wait for Emma to finish up an Art Project before I run her back to school.  She was up until midnight studying for a test, so I told her to finish the Art project in the morning, and miss a few periods.  It's Friday short-day anyway, which at the Jr. High is a big waste of time.

We've have a typical busy May week.  Last night we had a piano recital at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  You might not have known, but Maren has been teaching piano this year as her job.  She has 10 piano students (including Charlie and Sydney).  It's been a good, flexible part-time job.  The perfect kind for a busy student (remember your job with Nate - infact, I saw Nate this week and he was wondering your plans as he would hire you in a second if you'd be in Salt Lake).   Anyway, Maren is a beautiful, natural pianist.  She plays all the time, it's like we live in a piano bar.  She's photocopied several piano pieces to take to Europe, she's hoping to get some piano time while we travel.  Maybe you can help us with that in Madrid.  Hey - if you want to continue playing the bagpipe when you get back, Dad and I will help you with that.  You'll have to see if there are any bagpipe teachers in Provo :)

Emma got an award last night at the OJH in Math.  I'm so proud of all my Mathematician children.  I wish I had taken more Math classes when I got to college.  I took Physics Light and Sound (fun class!) and the next level Calculus, but I wish I had done more.  I had some math in my Stats and Chem classes - but wish I'd done more math.  Oh well :)

Sydney went to Lagoon yesterday with the 6th grade - can you believe she's that old?  She's still pretty short, but she's going to be a big Jr. High Student next year!  (She also got accepted in the premier Math class at OJH - they only took 30 students).

Dad and I are frantically crossing things off our check-list to get our family out of town for 80 days.  Nothing like a summer-long trip to get things done.  Next week I'll send you our itinerary so you can follow-us around Italy & France.  We leave May 28th.

I'm so inspired by your service as a missionary.  I have many proud Mama moments and I have to remind myself not to get too proud (remember the Nephites), but it's hard as a Mama when you see your children doing good things and excelling and moving forward and up.

Here's to onward and upward!  Just what the Lord wants.

Love you!

MOM 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you dear Lara for inviting me to follow your summer travels on your blog. I'm so excited. Love, Bessie

    ReplyDelete