Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Resort Vibes

Playa Del Carmen
Resort R&R

I decided there is no way I’m going to risk injuring my leg any more with a snorkel trip, so I opted to stay at the resort today while Andrea, Sydney, and Elisabeth headed off on a snorkel trip that we had already paid for. (Catherine stayed behind as well because she wasn’t feeling well). I guess it all worked out, because about 30 minutes later everyone had returned because the snorkel trip had been cancelled due to rough waters and a murky reef.
It was nice to enjoy a full day of R&R at the resort. I wasn’t much fun as I just stayed on my lounge chair resting and icing my leg. We decided to hang out at the “old person” pool. That was the name we gave it because unlike the other pools, there wasn’t any loud music or water volleyball games going on. There also weren’t any resort entertainers trying to get the crowd to have a pool dance party. We liked the quiet and “old” people just relaxing and reading. The pool was also perfect for my leg as I could get in and walk around in the water which felt nice.

We spent all afternoon outside enjoying the all-inclusive food - we drank pina coladas, nachos, ice cream, treats, and more. For dinner we decided to eat at the resort steak house. It was in an open restaurant near the beach and had a nice breeze. I liked the ambiance. The food was OK, but the chocolate dessert was awesome! It was fun to sit around with the girls at a “fancy” dinner and just relax. I’m not a big fan of resorts - but they are convenient. We capped off our night with some card games in our hotel room. 







No comments:

Post a Comment